You can now get hitched so long they meet the requirements in line with the Danish Act in the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
You must fill in and have an application approved whether you are getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad.
The first it is possible to use is four months ahead of the date you want to get hitched.
You must apply for a so-called "prшvelsesattest" if you are to get married in a different city than your city of residence, or in a church or other religious community,. If you should be to have hitched abroad you have to make an application for an "жgteskabsattest".
The applying form could be the same no matter what the document you make an application for, or you are becoming hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
An alteration in the Danish Marriage Law plus the Aliens Act has brought influence on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can read more about it in addition to application procedure under "Application details" below.
Right Here it is possible to learn about the chance of a available atmosphere wedding within the City of Copenhagen.
Right Here it is possible to learn about the alternative of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at a right time and put you decide.
Read more concerning the demands
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had impact on the first of January 2019.
The alteration ensures that some applications for marriage will undoubtedly be prepared by a main unit that is national by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main nationwide device are couples where one or both events:
- aren't Danish or citizens that are nordic
- would not have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- never have acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark relating to EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it's still performing marriages.
You need to send the job towards the municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bopжlskommune) if the two of you meet the following criteria:
- You may be Danish or Nordic residents
- You have got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You have got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark relating to EU-Law.
You can read more about that on the site for the continuing State management by simply clicking this website website link.
It is possible to read more under "Documentation Requirements" below.
If you're both subscribed as residents in Denmark, and also NemID, you have to complete and deliver the notice of wedding type digitally.
Significant: study " Where to Apply" above, before giving the job.
Because of the application you need to deliver the documentation that is following
- Scan of one's passport or nationwide ID card if you're perhaps perhaps not just a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark in line with the EU-rules, if you're not really a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- When you have resided an additional nation than Denmark within the last few years, we would require a certification of marital status from your own past nations of residence
In cases where a document is released an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is perhaps perhaps not released by a country that is nordic it should be submitted in 2 variations: the first, and a translation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation must certanly be done by a translator that is certified.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are granted by Skatteverket, and needs to be no over the age of four months whenever they are sent by you to us.
- Scan associated with image web web page of one's legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is given by Folkeregisteret, and needs to be no more than four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with the image page of one's legitimate passport
The prшvelsesattest must certanly be no avove the age of four months when you send out it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan associated with the photo web web page of one's legitimate passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriage ceremonies can be executed in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee that you'll get hitched at the time you initially desire, so please usually do not book travelling tickets until your date for the wedding was verified because of the Wedding Office
- Copenhagen City Hall will offer two witnesses you are welcome to create your own personal. You don't have to see us about that until straight away ahead of the marriage service
- Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- You are able to just improve your title if you should be registered as being a resident in Denmark
- If you've been https://ninjaessays.info hitched abroad you can easily register your wedding in Denmark. You have to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration workplace) and demonstrate to them your marriage certification. It is possible to read more and locate contact information for Folkeregisteret right right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office may be contacted via e-mail Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
For those who have NemID you are able to compose a protected mail via this website link.
Opening hours for individual attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic concerns
Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
Contact number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including obtaining time for the marriage ceremony
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon